Sunday, December 13, 2009

Happy Santa Lucia Day

I'm lazy, so I'm reposting this from last year! Nonetheless, Happy Santa Lucia Day to all my fellow Swedes!

A couple years ago (gosh, I can't believe it's been that long), my clever coworkers Wendy and Krissy-pooh made me a card for Santa Lucia Day...I used it for an invitation and called it "Sammy Lucia Day" as that was the name of my cat back then. I found it again today in order to shoot it off to a couple of family members in honor of the Swedish holiday!

Santa Lucia Day is the beginning of the Swedish Christmas season when the oldest girl in the household dresses up in a white gown with a red sash about her waist and wears a wreath of candles. Naturally, I never wore real candles as I've always been bald-ish...no, my mother made me wear battery-operated candles - safety (and hair) first!

Any way, here's the fabulous pick. I still love it as much as I did then. Sooooo creepy, yet sooooo cool!



No comments: