Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Chair That Needs No DIY

Christmas came early for me, but I haven't had a chance to blog about it. {C'mon, you know how it is...}

A couple of weeks ago, I picked up something very special from my grandparents. Growing up, my grandparents lived next door to us, and then they moved to the desert. Only for the last few years have they been in an assisted living place, which my grandma loves because she says she never ever has to cook again. But I digress.

Grandma had this amazing writing desk and chair that I would play for hours at. I'd play secretary. Yes, I had high aspirations.

Well, when they moved into their most recent assisted living place, space was at a premium, so Grandma said that I could have the old desk and chair. Well, my parents have the desk for now (space is a premium at MY house, too), but I have the chair.

This chair is special, not just because it was a gift from my grandma, but because it belonged to my GREAT GREAT GRANDFATHER!!! An uncle gave my grandma and grandpa the chair as a wedding gift. Yep, this is a certified antique. And guess what?! This chair will never be touched by my DIY-lovin hands!!! It's incredibly perfect and beautiful just as it is!

Thanks Grandma, for gifting me with this oh so special gift, and for entrusting me with a little piece of our family's history!!!


4 comments:

Ashley Perez said...

Love the light in that spot of your casa JJ! And I'm proud to say I got to sit in that gorgeous chair!

Lindsay @ Makely said...

Love that, JJ!

Tira J said...

I LOVE IT!

Kelly @ turned UP to ELEVEN! said...

Ok that is perfect and beautiful and you are one lucky girl. There's nothing like a piece of history - especially when it's your own!