Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Tool Talk Tuesday: Staple Gun

At some point in every DIY Diva's career, she'll need today's featured tool and kick herself for not having one on hand...what am I referring to, you ask??? A STAPLE GUN. Yup, simple, easy to use, relatively cheap (this one is about 17 bucks at the Depot), and very handy.

I'm working on my Procrastinator's Project and it's just about time to refinish a seat cushion...and guess what...I've been procrastinating and haven't run the 2 miles down the road to get one of these yet. I'm EXTREMELY LAME. I've been wanting one for a long time and really, there's no excuse. If you don't have one either, why don't you run out and get one for me, too, mkay?

I also procrastinated on this post and had it all planned out but didn't actually click the bright orange button that says "PUBLISH POST" until just now...however, I did have time to go and read a few other blogs this morning, including Lindsay's and she has a guest blogger who showed off a chair remodel that turned out beautifully...and she used a staple gun. Doesn't SHE have her act all together...sigh. One day I'll be all growed up and have my act together...right? RIGHT???


If you have a staple gun (good for you!), I'd love to hear what you use it for...does it come in handy mostly for upholstery or for other projects??? Do tell...AND if you've already posted about the project you used it on, be sure to add your link! I'd love to see it!!!






5 comments:

Heather said...

I am SO excited to see as staple gun post. I officially am the proud owner of a bright, shiny new staple gun. And, I used it for the very first time this past Saturday to stable canvas stretch bars together and to do some upholstering on them. Stapling make things super duper easy. Now, if only the loud sound didn't scare the holy living crap out of me EVERY time. And, if I could get out of my irrational fear of stapling my own fingers. It's hard to hold something tight when you insist your finger be at least 8.439 inches away.

Julie {Angry Julie Monday} said...

I think we have like three different types of staple guns in our garage. I'm not kidding. Angry Husband wants a nail gun too. We use them for everything...Christmas lights, projects..Angry Husband used them for his home theater installs mostly.

Pam said...

I bought a new staple gun a few months ago. I used it when I made some Roman shades for my kitchen. They had to be stapled to a piece of board to hang them. It made it really easy. I have about 50 bazillion other projects in my head that I could use it for. But, alas...I, too am a horrible procratinator. Maybe when school is out in a few weeks. Ahhh, one can dare to dream!

Lindsay @ Makely said...

hahahaha Too funny! We have a staple gun, but then we have an air compressor that has a staple gun attachment, so it's the most rockin-est thing ever. I'm so lazy. :)

How's the chair?

Lisa Nelsen-Woods said...

I do love a good staple gun! I use mine to do staple gun uhpolstery on some outdoor chairs and window valances I made for my computer room and bedroom.