I travel for work and I travel for play. I always have a choice of airlines and hotels, which is nice because I have a number of member accounts. However, I ALMOST ALWAYS stick with the same choices (totally do the same thing at restaurants...yes, I'm BORING).
I HEART Southwest Airlines. If you're looking for a way to save on airfare and your flight isn't more than 3 hours, I absolutely recommend this funny little airline. Let me tell you why I love them so much:
- They are consistently on time.
- It's SUPER easy to earn a free reward ticket.
- They have companion programs.
- They have a special line to get through Security for frequent fliers...which is REALLY helpful at crowded airports.
- They serve delightful little snacks.
- You can get your boarding pass online and I've rarely missed an 'A' group, which makes me happy because I'm a front-of-the-plane-aisle person.
- If you have to cancel a flight, you don't get charged up the wazoo...likewise, if you need to change a flight, YOU DON'T GET CHARGED!
- The flight attendants are super friendly and occasionally sing, tell jokes, or give you free beers...but only on very special occasions and SSSHHH don't tell anyone for pete's sake!
For hotels, rental cars, and longer flights, I ALWAYS go to www.kayak.com. This nifty website compares prices among all the other low price carriers and the direct websites like American Airlines, Enterprise Rent-a-car, and Hyatt. It's really a one-stop shop!