When I began my job two years ago, Boss Lady and another VP asked if I could golf. I mentioned that I had golf clubs, but really never took to it...they told me to take lessons. I'm so glad I did!
Today I spent roughly 6 hours on the golf course with colleagues, customers, vendors, and other community members to support an organization who keeps inner-city kids out of trouble, educates parents, and focuses on helping area families. It was a beautiful day and I thought I'd share why I'm so hooked!
1. You get to spend a whole day outside! Today was beautiful, in the 90s, but with a subtle breeze. I have a funny tan, but my hideously white legs got a boost of Vitamin D!
2. You get to have a whole new sassy wardrobe! I'm TOTALLY the girl on the golf course all in pink! My motto is pink makes me better. It's become such a thing that coworkers always check to see what I have on. I'm a huge fan of Nike gear because they have the moisture wicking fabrics...and here in So Cal, we need that!
3. You get to drink beer all day long. Nuff said.
4. You get to be social, meet new people, do business, and be a part of the community! There's something to be said for doing business outside of the office. When you can be less formal, and establish a "razzing"-type of a relationship, you connect in a deeper way and it makes doing business easier.
5. You can check out for half a day. Yes, people take their cell phones and blackberries onto the golf course, but work and life CAN'T be your main focus when you're concentrating on a shot. It's like a mini-vacation from the things that keep you preoccupied! The everyday distractions CAN reach you here, but most of the time, people don't allow them, too, which I think is just great!
It's been such a fun adventure for me, this learning to golf business, and I highly recommend it! I'm hooked on golf and I'm sharing my love for it over at Hooked on Houses. Stop by there for a blog carnival today and see what everyone else is hooked on, too!