Saturday, May 02, 2009

Augie Chang Workshop 2.0

Last Sunday, I flew up to the Bay Area again for another Augie Chang workshop. He's a STUD of a photographer with a huge following...plus, he's really nice, patient, and creative - all requirements of an excellent teacher!


We had a model at this workshop and spent all day shooting shooting shooting, which was SOOOOO helpful. I really enjoyed myself, but felt stretched more than I ever have before. It was slightly intimidating because some of my fellow classmates had incredible equipment (probably more than they actually needed) and I was limited somewhat by my lenses.


Having said that, I feel like I learned more and was able to step outside of my comfort zone...in doing so, I got some pretty cool shots!

Our model was quite sassy!
A fun shot of Augie's.
Busted!!! We were shooting in a mall and there just happened to be a White House/Black Market with sale items outside...saw a REALLY cute dress that I was THIS close from buying!
I just realized my butt doesn't look great in those jeans...
For those of you who have a SLR camera and have really been wanting to learn how to use more than just the auto feature, I REALLY encourage you to take a workshop in your area! Tons of pro-photographers are doing them nowadays on the side and I can't say enough about hands-on learning... Augie Chang is THE MAN in the Bay Area and I've heard nothing but good things about Jay Reilly in the San Diego area. Get outside your comfort zone and push yourself to learn something new. I can't express how much fun I've been having and how thankful I am that I went for it!!!


5 comments:

Julie {Angry Julie Monday} said...

Awesome workshop. I really need to get more focused on my photography. I have a bunch of equipement. Maybe it's the ADD that is preventing me from doing this.

Keep up the good work. Hopefully soon we can get together when we are both not so busy!

Katie @ makingthishome.com said...

Very cool! I've been trying to improve my photo skills since I'm not the family photographer. Your workshop sounds like a really fun way to work on it!
Katie

Lindsay @ Makely said...

hahahahahaha Busted!!

Those are some great shots, JJ! I'm so proud of you for jumping head first into this. You are a natural talent for sure.

Xazmin said...

Those are some great shots! I would love to learn some photography skills!

Kim @ Everything Etsy said...

Looks fun!

Well...congratulations! You won the pretty, pretty TapeSwell tape giveaway on Everything Etsy! I'm sure you'll have fun with it! Just email me your address and it's yours!

~Kim