Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Paint Stripper Works for Me!

So, my chair, you know the one that I've been procrastinating on??? Well, turns out that little bugger is covered in like SEVENTY TWO coats of paint. Ugh. I tried using the electric sander and it didn't even leave a dent. GRRRRRRR!

But then I remembered a product I used several years ago on another project...a spray on paint stripper! I went back to the Depot and found a new and improved low VOC, green version, snapped on my spray gun and went to town.

THIS STUFF IS GENIUS! And it smells nice and orange-y, too...and orange is my favorite artificial flavor...yes, I'm weird.

It works for me and I highly recommend it! To find other great WORKS FOR ME WEDNESDAY tips, visit Kristen's blog carnival!


7 comments:

Heather said...

Ha. I wonder if this will work on the 847 layers of paint on our guest bathrooom walls. Because seriously, you can only repaint so many times before the room starts to actually feel smaller!

Lisa Nelsen-Woods said...

Thanks for the tip. I have to repant the chairs on my front porch. If my sander can't eat through the cheap chipping paint I'm going with your stripper.

Kasey said...

oh, good tip..
gracias.
xo

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Great tip! I am happy to know about that product!

Bradpetehoops said...

It is so beautiful cos lots of great stuff like pictures, etc. Have a nice day.

Design It Chic said...

I'm passing an award to you!

Please visit my blog to grab it. :)


Happy Thursday!!!

Jenny said...

haha paint thinner and brain cells. they dont mix well.