Monday, February 09, 2009

Swiss Cheese Wall

I bought some floating shelves a while ago, and after installing them one day, came home later to find everything on the floor...including the shelves. Last week, I took a trip down to the Depot and bought some fancy dancy drywall anchors and thought they'd pop into the wall in a flash. HOWEVER, I had a heck of a time trying to get those little buggers perfectly spaced...in fact, my wall now looks like a slice of swiss cheese - therefore, I can never move.

Three of the four holes on ONE side of the shelf.

The finished product. After TWO HOURS!



2 comments:

Sara said...

Hi Jenny,
Just caught up on your life. Seems like all is well and so glad you are happy. Things here have been crazy to say the least, but we are surviving. Hope to get together again soon.

Lindsay @ Makely said...

I'm embarassed to admit that my walls looked like that before for the exact same reason. In the old house, I wanted shelves like that above the TV. Tom was out of town one weekend so I thought I'd surprise him. Well, he was definitely surprised when he had to rehang the shelves (because they were wiggly) and found 100 holes.

Yours look great, though! And it's nothing some putty won't fix!