Friday, February 13, 2009

Single Girls Need to Eat, Too!

Tomorrow is the dreaded Valentine's Day...and yet, another holiday I'll be spending alone. Wait, I won't be alone, I'll be with Barbie, one of my fav gal pals who is also single! Are we going to be sad and pathetic??? Heck, no! We're going to see Confessions of a Shopaholic and then we're going back to my house for a feast!

Some of you know that I've become a huge fan of The Pioneer Woman, and tomorrow night I'm planning on using three of her recipes to dominate the kitchen; I'm making her risotto, flank steak, and baked fudge. DELIGHTFUL! However, I'm getting slightly nervous about making such a huge feast from scratch... So, I'll do what every smart single gal does when she's sorting out her ingredients...start with the most important ingredient there is...

I'll begin by filling this to the brim with some lovely chardonnay! : )

Thanks, Jennifer for getting me this adorable glass for Christmas, I'm REALLY looking forward to using it tomorrow night. I think it will be the perfect first step in my quest for making a delicious meal. Ha!

Updated: I started the recipe a day early. Translation: I filled up this glass with lovely chardonnay to get prepared.

Updated Deux: Jennifer bought us all these glasses with our personalities in mind...mine is called Wild Child. Hmmmm...

Updated PS: Lisa, THIS is my shot. I took one tonight just for you. : )


3 comments:

CarleeKajsa said...

wine is also good for your guests if the meal turns out bad...just keep it flowing! i am hanging out with my in-laws on valentines day how is that for romantic???

Anonymous said...

Did you take that wine glass pic??? I'm impressed, girl!

Beks said...

Im looking forward to hearing how your dinner turns out!