Monday, November 23, 2009

Taco Salad Salvation

I had a couple of girlfriends over for dinner last night, but didn't really want to go all out on dinner. Thankfully, these were the kind of friends who wouldn't care if I didn't cook them a gourmet meal, or really even notice. They're dear friends and our time together is more valuable than what I put on the table.

Having said that, I always try to do my best when I have friends over and the vain side of me really likes to impress them. HOWEVER, tonight, I was impressed by a friend's quick suggestion on how to keep my fabulous taco salads from sliding all around on the plate!

Barbie recommended that I slap a little bit of refried beans under the tostada shells and you know what, IT REALLY HELPED! The best part about this "cooking" save was that Barbie is my one friend who doesn't spend any time in the kitchen! She has a brand new gourmet kitchen, but homegirl can't cook. Oh, the irony!!!
Thanks to my funny friend Barbie for the fabulous tip! I hope it helps you out, too!

Visit Tasty Tuesday for recipe ideas! It's the bees knees!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks yummy! Nice depth of field!

the BLAH BLAH BLAHger said...

Thanks, Nathan! I shot it at 1.4 with my 50mm lens and my NEW Canon 5DMII. Woot!

Liz.Bell.Mason said...

what a creative solution... i'll have to remember that!

Unknown said...

Wow, That is SO pretty.