Last weekend, in celebration of my friend Barbie's birthday, my girlfriends and I made candles. We found this adorable shop in Laguna (where we could bring in wine!) that specializes in custom candles and allows you to make your own with a host of design goodies! At Pure Light Candle Company, we chose our candle shape, wax colors, accessories, and scent. Mine was a mixture of greens and whites, had little silver blessings inside, and smells like pumpkin spice. YUM!
HOWEVER, I clearly got a wee bit over-excited about the scent and couldn't wait to light the candle...so I did. About 15 minutes later, I looked over to see how it was melting and to make sure there weren't any rivers of wax on my side table. Instead of a wax problem, I realized I had a too tall flame problem, and as a result, I was getting a lovely smoke stain on the inside of my lampshade.
Has anyone else experienced this? And, is there a way of treating it? I really don't want to have to go out and get a new one right now.
Help me solve this lamp shade trauma...and I'll be your best friend! ; )
Favorite Baking Tools: Kitchen Scale by Joanne
4 hours ago