7 Things about JJ, the BLAH BLAH BLAHger
1. I TiVo General Hospital everyday. I remember watching Luke and Laura's wedding and I just never gave them up. Yes, I realize this makes me super cheesy. Yes, I realize it's lame and that soap operas are not great examples. But it's MY mind candy, so leave me alone already! : )
2. I studied abroad one summer in college and then did the whole EuroRail thing for a few weeks. I lost my wallet in a cab in Scotland...and we found it. I went canyoning in Switzerland and during the repel, fell and hit my head on a boulder, but was fine. I got major food poisoning in Ireland and puked on the flight back to England. And the three sorority sisters I traveling with fought with each other the whole time. But, I remember that trip as being AMAZING, in spite of everything!
3. I have a MA in Political Management and a pretty impressive resume (if I do say so myself), but I just want to be a stay at home mom. (Mr. Right, where are you???) By the way, before anyone freaks out, I would plan to work from home and beef up my photography business. Staying home with children is important to me, but don't worry, I won't watch General Hospital all day long!
4. I had a big black cat, named Sam. We also called him the Big Fat Bastard. He was over 20 pounds. I loved him, but he was a trial. He slept all day and played all night. He "punished" me by peeing all over the carpet and he wasn't very cuddly. When I moved to Sacramento, I gave him up...and recarpeted. Sometimes I miss him, but I love my new clean carpet, too. Someday, when I have a larger home and a yard, I'll have animals again.
5. I cling to my Swedish heritage, but I've never been to Sweden. JA SVERIGE!
6. I had my gallbladder removed a few years ago. It was the ONLY year I've ever been on an HMO. It took a long time to get a diagnosis and then the doctor didn't want to refer me to a surgeon. It was a mess. Once I saw the surgeon, he scheduled a surgery right away and cut that sucker out. I ended up in the ER a few days later because I had a severe reaction to the anesthetic...BUT, I lost a ton of weight, so I didn't mind. Incidentally, as I was being drugged and about to go under, I asked the doctor if I could keep my stones to make earrings out of them. He said that it was considered bio hazard, but that he'd take a picture. He did...and it's SO DISGUSTING, but I love it.
7. I began my photography business (Jen Johnson Photography) about a year ago and I've LOVED every minute of it. Through photography, I've made AMAZING friends, learned a ridiculous amount, booked far more clients than I expected to, and have pushed myself more than I have in years. It's been educational for more reasons than one and I'm so blessed by it every day!
NOW, I'm going to tag seven friends to do this, too! Ashley, Lindsay, Lindsey, Emily, Carlee, Melissa, and Domestic Chicky. TAG, YOU'RE IT!