Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas!!!

The Christmas eat-a-thon began weeks ago with the occasional cookie delivery at work, then the bigger baskets of treats, then the company party, friends get-togethers, etc. And it isn't ending any time soon! Last night, I invited a slew of friends to the Christmas Eve Eve service at my church, then invited them over for an open house/dinner. It was SO FUN! I spent a lot of time decorating the house to be pretty and special and I cooked (and by cooked, I mean ordered from Honeybaked Ham) some delicious Swedish meatballs and had an array of goodies, and many of my friends brought yummy things as well. The party ended up being fun, too, because the TCU bowl game was on and they won at the last second by 1 point -- GO HORNED FROGS!!!

As I was sitting there, drinking good wine and enjoying the company of my friends and family, I took a moment to realize how very thankful I am for the blessings in my life. At church last night, there was a brief message about the prodigal son, the older brother, and the father. There was emphasis placed on the older brother who had done everything right and was ticked off that he never had a party thrown for him, and I realized that I'm too often like him. I don't want to focus on the fact that I've "done everything right" and still don't I have X, Y, or Z! I want to focus more on the things I DO have and celebrate the wonderful life I've been given and be thankful to the Lord for all the blessings in my life!

So, if you're reading this post, it's likely because you're a friend of part of my family, so let me take a moment to say THANK YOU for the role you've played in my life! Merry Christmas to you and yours and I pray that the Lord blesses you richly in 2009!!!


No comments: