Monday, December 01, 2008

Australia review

Clare and I saw Australia on Saturday night and I have to say...it was AMAZING! I was kinda dragging my feet to see it, and really only went because I felt like I was being sucked into my couch on Saturday afternoon. I was SO pleasantly surprised by this film.

It was cinematically gorgeous. There were sweeping views, wide shots of the outback, really authentic sets, and great historical relevence. The story was incredible, too.

I was expecting some sappy love story, but really, that was a minor part of the film. There is a great "coyboy" story about cattle and land wars, an awesome story about a child and his relationships with the adults around him, and let's not forget the huge World War II thread. The movie lasted 2 hours and 45 minutes, but I was pulled into it the entire time...and I don't even particularly LIKE Nicole Kidman. Ha! I highly recommend this movie for women AND men. Go see it!


No comments: