Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Mind Candy

FACT: to get to and from DC for me takes four flights...and they're not short ones. FACT: the BLAH BLAH BLAHger is a speed reader. FACT: I read five books this weekend over four flights! WOO HOO!!!

The last book I read last night, Vintage by Olivia Darling, is quite naughty...and I'm not sure that I'd recommend it to genteel readers. HOWEVER, I LOVED this book's plotline. Three women were unexpectly gifted with vineyards whose vines make champagne or sparkling wine and were thrust into a competition to see who could produce the best vintage within five year's time...and now as a result, I've decided to toss away my career and other pursuits to go work on a vineyard. Forever. Amen.

Not really...but oh my goodness, wouldn't that be an incredible life? Even if I didn't enjoy wine, I'd still be in love with vineyards. All those colors and sweeping vistas...makes me long for my August vacation to wine country...or my next free weekend when I can run off to Temecula for the afternoon! Who wants to join me???


3 comments:

CarleeKajsa said...

i'll join you...again...lets think of a good excuse!

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Oh, I love books and movies about vineyards. It would be an amazing life!

:-)

I'll join you, any time!

angie {the arthur clan} said...

I'm not a genteel reader, so I'm thinking I might need to pick up a copy of this book! :) Sometimes I wish I could just jump into a book to become a part of the story.