Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Shout out to 1990

It was 1990, the year I was transitioning from braces and mall bangs with bad perms, to a cool 8th grader. I was dancing competitively with my friend Rachel at Dance Precisions and learning all about makeup. I knew how to work the VCR and caught every last episode of Saved by the Bell, which had just started the year before. I thought I was cool and...I had BRIGHT BLUE mascara.

Flash forward to my night 'o chores last night. I was in a hyper cleaning mode at home, doing all sorts of laundry, vacuuming, etc, before I ran to the grocery store. I picked up a boatload of groceries (all low fat, natch), some more cleaning supplies, and oh yeah, some Great Lash mascara. Now caveat here, I'm fussy about most makeup and spend more than I probably should on everything EXCEPT mascara! How weird is that? Anyway, in my cleaning splendor, I opened up the mascara, tossed away the packaging AND my old one and continued cleaning. This morning, as I was getting ready for a meeting at 6:30am, I pulled out the new pink and green tube and noticed that OH DEAR LORD, I bought yep, you guessed it, bright blue mascara.

What a way to start my day!




No comments: