Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Nashville

Missie graduated last month and the whole family trucked to Nashville! We had a great time and it was fun to scream for Missie when she went across the stage (although she didn't hear us!). I'm so proud of my little sister for going away to college, figuring out what she wants in life, learning some tough lessons, and doing things you can only do when you're young (like hoping into moving trains and climbing to the top of the Belmont Mansion!). I'm most excited about the fact that she's already moved home!!! Missie is so fun to be around and while we're as different in personality as we are in our coloring, she's one of my favorite people!

Found her in the crowd! Not an easy feat!

The graduate!

Me and my sisty!

Mom was still rockin the wheelchair, so here we are on her lap. : )

We also celebrated Mother's Day in Nashville. My mom is such a special lady and I feel like I've gotten to know her a lot better this year. Since the accident, I've spent a lot of time being Super Nanny for her when my dad needs to go out of town. She's a cool chick. When I think of the kind of mother I want to be, nearly every one of my main desires are already emulated by my mom. She has a huge heart and has always made us kids know how much she loves us. You know that phrase "this hurts me more than it will hurt you" that mom's say when they're about to give a spanking? Well, with my mom, I always believed it. : )

At a fancy Mother's Day brunch with my wonderful mom!

Ya, my niece eats seaweed.

Mom and her kids!

We walked around the Opryland Hotel...which is huge and like a city. People actually stopped and watched a watershow. Missie and I mocked them all.

And of course, there is one vineyard in Nashville and we found it. : )

We both said, "YUUUUUUUM!"



No comments: