Friday, June 08, 2007

I kicked ass at my very first golf tournament!!!

Well, sorta... I won the "longest drive" contest for women and actually came home with a freaking delicious and expensive driver by TaylorMade! I was so excited!!! I totally made some disgusting shots on the course though, too. Strike that. I made more disgusting shots than beautiful shots, but hey, I'm learning, I didn't give up, and I didn't get ballistic at anytime. So, that's good, right!

Also, because there were very few women in the tournament, they didn't make polo shirts for us, they just gave us $50 gift cards to Nordstrom -- SCORE!

I very much enjoyed the free beers every couple of holes and the snackages were flowing as well. I even smoked a cigar with the boys -- well, I smoked a third of one, which I'm still burping up today. I know all you readers in blogger land wanted to know that!

All in all, it was an AWESOME day and I can't wait to tell my instructor all about how the lessons are paying off!


No comments: