Monday, June 04, 2007

CROSS YOUR FINGERS FOR ME!

Thursday is the big golf tournament for work! I've been taking lessons regularly and have been practicing at least once or twice a week on my own and I'm improving SO MUCH. But I'm also slightly freaked out! I keep telling my instructor to help me reset my expectations and remember that I've only been playing for a month and a half and I shouldn't expect to be great already. I'm just pleased when I get the ball in the air and if it goes straight-ish. The driver and fairway wood are going well, but sometimes I really blow it with the irons. Grrrrr. Frustration can really set in, but I need to shake it off and focus on the basics.

Another very amusing thing happened at the course on Saturday. A mom was picking her kid up from lessons and she backed into a fire hydrant and the whole thing shot straight into the sky! There was a wedding going on and the bride and groom raced over to take pics in front of it. The poor kid whose mom did it looked MORTIFIED! We laughed so hard!!!


No comments: