Monday, March 16, 2009

Tuesday Tool Talk & 250th BLAH BLAH BLAHG Post!

Friends, family, and blahgers, I JUST reached my 250th blog post which is kinda hard to believe!!! I started this blog in 2005 as a digital scrapbook...and I'm pretty sure no one read it for quite a while - not even my parents. : ) But then some friends started reading it and commenting about my home projects and kitchen fiascos. It became even more fun!

Today is Tool Talk Tuesday...but I'm cheating a little because, as many of you know, one of my favorite tools lately has been my CAMERA! AND, as it's a special mile-marker, I've decided to hold my very first give-away!!! (And because a post without a pic is kinda boring, here's a sneak preview of Sarah and Walter's engagement shoot!)

So, here's the deal: if you're a So Cal native, have friends or family in the OC or IE region (or even parts of SD or LA), OR are planning a special trip this year out here, I'm giving away a 90 minute photo shoot! I'll come to you or we can plan a fabulous landmark location; it can be a family shoot, child shoot, or even an engagement shoot!

If you're interested in winning, you need to do two things to enter: comment below and tell me why you'd like this photo shoot AND become a blog follower over there to the right in the "Join Me" section by next Monday, March 23, at 9am PST! I'll announce the random winner on Tuesday, March 24!!!

I hope you're looking forward to this as much as I am! And, as always, thanks for stoppin' by!


Oh, and happy St. Pat's!!!


8 comments:

Julie {Angry Julie Monday} said...

I'm a follower! Here and on Twitter!

I would love you to photograph myself and/or Angry Toddler.

I'm tired of taking all these pics!

Anonymous said...

Happy 250 JJ. I've got a lot of catching up to do! You are way out ahead of the pack. Love the blog and the your photos - its always a fun time stopping by your place.

Cheers & here's to the next 250!

CarleeKajsa said...

love the sneak pic shot - so sweet! and love your new and improved BLAHg!!!

Unknown said...

I gotta tell you, you make Ws and I look good.

Lindsay @ Makely said...

I'M SO JEALOUS!!!! Next time you come out here, you are definitely gonna do a little Ballard Family shoot.

~ Julie ~ said...

I just found your site thanks to SITS... I'm originally from San Diego but am currently living in WNY. I'll be visiting SoCal over Labor Day weekend/week for my dear friends wedding. I would love to be able to do a photo shoot with my long time childhood friend. Love your blog!

The Hapa Girl said...

Hi, I just found your blog through SITS and congratulations on your 250th! How amazing! I'm nearing my 100th and am very excited!

Also, I love your give away, because I love photographers and their art! Can I say a little jealous here LOL!

I will def. be a follower!

Anonymous said...

What I love about your photoshoot, by Lisa Pechan (ha!)

I peeked at the ones in the most recent post and would like to comment...

Photo 1 ("So cute and fun") I love how your subjects are the focus of the picture and the background is blurred out!

Pics 2 ("She only LOOKS innocent"), 8 ("I love this moment"), and 10 ("Or is THIS ONE my favorite??? I DO love my DC) I love the angle that they're taken at! At lot people (not photogs, necessarily) take head-on shots, and this really gives them dimension!

Pic 7 ("The ring...this makes me happy") I love the centered-ness of this pic and the perfect angles in their pose. It's such a more creative picture of "the ring" than the hand-over-hand shot. Simple and to the point!

ALL of these show so much improvement in your photo-taking and editing talents in such a short time! So proud of you!

I realize I am probably not eligible for the prize ;-) however I think a wonderful wedding gift would be a few shots of my wedding day hair and makeup makeover (don't think Sarah will be there for that)! Love you and think you're AWESOME!