Saturday, January 27, 2007

My Going Away Fiesta - Jan. 11

Leaving Sacramento was surprisingly harder than I thought it would be. I was so fortunate to have made some true friends during the craziness of the campaign. As folks would pack up and start to head out, we frequently threw going away lunches or happy hours. I wanted to do a dinner at my favorite Italian restaurant and then head to Simon's, a pretty popular political bar, one where we all started going when we became friends. It was really neat to see so many friends there and people who I will really miss and hope to keep in touch with for a long time...


Julie, the press secretary. She and I traveled together to most of the events. She kept me sane most times that I wanted to go nuts. She is brilliant and has a huge career ahead of her. I am so thankful to have met her, especially because she is a Christian, too, and we were able to really be there for one another.

Ani, Jennifer, and I.

I love this couple. Lisa and Matt Page are a wonderful and fun-loving couple. From hanging with them in Yosemite, to goofing off at dinners and lunches, to New Year's, they are always up for a fun time and have such amazing capacities for friendship. I'm looking forward to seeing them in February when I head up to Sacramento for a visit!

My pal Schmidty. I was really suprised that he came out because he's a bit on the cantankerous side, but having him there meant a lot to me. I miss his craziness, for sure!


My roommate Erin. She was in true "single and ready to mingle" form that night! HA!

The picture brings joy to my heart. Macedo and the Bizzer.



No comments: