Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Tool Talk Tuesday: Drill Baby, Drill!

Sorry, I just couldn't help myself with that title...and I know some of you Ds might snicker and turn up your nose, but NOT TO WORRY, this post is about DRILLS, not former R vice-presidential candidates!!!

It's been a while since I've posted for Tool Talk Tuesday...because 1) I've been lazy and 2) I've been less than creative, lately. It's a shocker, I know!

When I decided to makeover my deck/balcony, I knew I wanted to hang a beautiful shear curtain, however, I underestimated the stucco that I'd be screwing the curtain rod into. It's SOLID and apparently stucco is applied over a wirey mesh, which meant I SHOULD have waited for Dad to come over and help. I made a couple of calls to trusted DIY dudes and found out what I needed...something with more torque. I NEEDED my very own drill!

I ran down to my favorite place to flirt Home Depot, spent some time chatting with a salesdude about my needs {ahem} and came home with THIS BABY!
She works like a charm, is cordless, has interchangeable drill bits and screwdriver attachments, and wasn't too expensive! YAY! I HIGHLY recommend that you run out and get one, too! You never know when you'll need more torque than your electric screwdriver will provide you with!!!



6 comments:

Multiple personalities.. said...

Most excellent! I've been thinking of getting my own drill so I don't have to constantly bug my husband to borrow his monster of a drill. This looks like it's compact but powerful, I'll definitely have to check it out. Thanks for sharing! It was lovely meeting you via SITS.

Living With Lindsay said...

hahahahaha Love it!

Kimm at Reinvented said...

Okay, so I gotta admit, you had me reliving the Republican National Convention with that title! Love the drill, by the way.

Beks said...

Great job JJ, what an inspiration you are!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

I really need to get myself a big ole' drill like that. I wonder if this cordless type can have the battery replaced. Those small ones run out of steam after about 2 years & are worthless. I need a new one!

Condo Blues said...

I love my multispeed drill with adjustable torque. I call it Mommy's Little Helper.