Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Ouch

I went up to Big Bear this weekend for a fun day of snowboarding -- it was to be the warm up for my Colorado trip next month. The traffic was not bad at all, the weather was sunny (though cold), and surprisingly, the slopes were not too crowded AT ALL! So, I was having a great time and feeling really comfortable, when WA-POW, I ate it hard...so hard that I fully dislocated my kneecap. Thankfully, it popped back in to place all on it's own and I was able to make it down the mountain without assistance. As the day went on, I'd feel it hurt here and there, and trust me, I was super nervous with each step. I think because I had my boots on so tight, part of my leg was immobilized. However, when I took it off, the pain really started to hurt. Needless to say, I spent the better part of yesterday afternoon in the ER for xrays, etc. No ligaments were torn, but because my kneecap went in a more unusual direction, they said that I'd need to be in a pretty serious brace for awhile. So, I'm rocking a freaking sweet brace with big hinges on the sides that makes finding the right work clothes a challenge. Hopefully, I'll be healed quickly and will be able to enjoy the CO trip!!! Keep your fingers crossed for me and your prayers a comin!

Oh well, at least I have some powerful pain meds AND the ER doc was super hot!!! : )


No comments: